Thursday, January 12, 2006

The 2006 "Hey You Kids Get Off My Lawn Award"...

.... goes to Furman Bisher, who considers relievers "part-pitchers."

I’ve never yet voted for a closer for the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I’m rather positive that I never shall. It’s like voting for a guy who only putts as Golfer of the Year, or a guy who only shoots free throws for the Basketball Hall of Fame. He’s only part-pitcher.

Having said that, let me join in the throng slapping Bruce Sutter on the back and say it’s nice for him and his family, but it’s only sending another loser to Cooperstown.


Oh don't you worry. There's plenty more "back in my day" wisdom in that article!

I can't be the only one who read the article like this, can I?:

"Me, I go back an age when pitchers often went both ways.
Start a game one day, go in and save one the next. I’m a Firpo Marberry guy. Now
there was a moose. Marberry came from Texas and was built like a sheriff.
His real name was Fred, but nobody called him that."


posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 12:53 AM   1 comments







1 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, That is so much funnier in that old man voice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger