Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Offseason Target Idea #2: Kerry Wood

Joe Girardi's old battery mate in Chicago is a free agent, and likely looking for a one-year deal to prove he's still healthy. Towards the end of 2007, he was throwing in the hig 90's again and seemed to be getting the old effectiveness back. I didn't see him drop that old killer cuirveball that he had in his prime as much, but maybe that will come back with time.

Either way, Wood is a low-risk, high-reward type of guy, the same type of player Cashman loves to draft every year. Is a one year deal for $4M with a club option for a second too much to pay for a guy who just might be a flamethrower out of the bullpen?

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 11:08 AM   3 comments







3 Comments:

At 10/31/2007 2:58 PM, Blogger June said...

U'r obviously just floating this in retaliation for my talk of krod

 
At 10/31/2007 3:31 PM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

Nah. I mean besides the fact that I want to punch the shit out of K-Rod's goggles, he'd be a bargain and wouldn't try to push Mo out of the closers spot so we can groom someone (Sanchez? Ohlendorf? Whelan? Horne? Marquez?) to take over someday

Also I never wanted a "Got Melk?" t-shirt but I might pick up a "Got Wood?" in honor of Shaun of the Dead

 
At 10/31/2007 5:28 PM, Blogger lupe! said...

lawl, my first reaction was "are you trying to kill june?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger