Tuesday, April 01, 2008

2008 Predictions

After seeing the highly pro-Red Sox predictions by ESPN (below), I realized it's past
time for my yearly prognostications. For what it's worth, I've beaten ESPN's "experts" every year.

So first, here are the "experts," a number of which have the Yankees missing the playoffs (the average number of wins for New York: 91). PECOTA has them at 101, but what do computers know?

AMERICAN LEAGUE
East
New York
Toronto
Boston
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

Central
Cleveland
Detroit
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City

West
Anaheim of Anaheim
Seattle
Texas
Oakland

Wild Card: Detroit

MVP: Vladimir Guerrero
CY Young: AJ Burnett
ROY: Ian Kennedy

NATIONAL LEAGUE
East
New York
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Washington
Florida

Central
Milwaukee
Chicago
Houston
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
St. Louis

West
Arizona
San Diego
Colorado
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Wild Card: Chicago

MVP: Alfonso Soriano
CY Young: Johan Santana
ROY: Geovany Soto

World Series: Yankees over Diamondbacks

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 1:48 PM   6 comments







6 Comments:

At 4/01/2008 6:31 PM, Blogger June said...

anaheim of anaheim! hee

 
At 4/02/2008 3:20 PM, Blogger Rex Banner said...

You may be more biased than Peter Gammons.

 
At 4/02/2008 3:26 PM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

Even if that's true, history has proven me more correct than Peter Gammons, which means I'm able to put those biases aside.

I predicted the Red Sox to miss the playoffs in 2006, Gammons didn't. I was right, once again.

 
At 4/02/2008 4:32 PM, Blogger Rex Banner said...

History has proven your more correct? That's a bunch of shit, you can't prove that.
I bet you predicted the Yanks to win the World Series the last 7 years too.

 
At 4/02/2008 5:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hey, you got the Super Bowl winner right, and that was apparently a long-shot, if you go by the betting public. So I believe you know what you're talking about :)

 
At 4/04/2008 8:13 PM, Blogger Rex Banner said...

Giant fans picking them to win the SB doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. I picked them too, and thought they could/would win, but I always pick my teams.
By the way Mike; what do you mean you've beaten ESPN experts every year? Collectively? Each of them? And on what basis? I briefly looked and don't even see where you've ever predicted the season results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger