Monday, November 16, 2009

Should Win, Will Win (2009 Edition)

Just as in year's past, I'm going to guess at who will win the major awards, and who should win the major awards.

I think the writers are getting better at these awards, but there's still a long way to go.

In any event, my picks:

Who Should Win
Who Will Win
AL ROYRick PorcelloAndrew Bailey
NL ROYJ.A. HappChris Coghlan
AL MOYRon GardenhireMike Scioscia
NL MOYJim TracyJim Tracy
AL Cy Young
Zack GreinkeZack Greinke
NL Cy Young
Adam WainwrightAdam Wainwright
AL MVPJoe MauerJoe Mauer
NL MVPAlbert PujolsSomeone silly, like Raul Ibanez

We'll see what happens - maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit.

Labels: , ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 9:54 AM   3 comments







3 Comments:

At 11/17/2009 12:40 PM, Blogger Rex Banner said...

If you think they get them wrong all the time, why do you even care? I agree much of the time with the winners, but still couldn't care less. They are nothing except filler during the boring part of the offseason. I chose to watch football and hoops instead. I suggest the same for you.

Also, maybe they are right and you are wrong. The criteria of the awards are pretty subjective.

 
At 11/20/2009 9:25 PM, Anonymous Jason said...

This is a great sports blog you have here. I have two sports blogs myself. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around. We sports bloggers have to stick together.

Let me know if this is possible.

Jason
SportsSoundOff.net
SPORTSMONARCH.com

 
At 11/25/2009 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agree with your "should win"s. Though even the BBWAA isn't silly enough to ignore Albert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger