Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What, You Talkin' Bout Willis?

Supposedly, Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera are now available from the Marlins as well. Cabrera may become the best hitter in baseball... but as a Yankee fan, I'm more interested in Willis.

Lefthanded. Power. Good clubhouse guy. 23 years old. No history of arm trouble. Inexpensive (relatively).

I'm drooling over him, the guy with the funkiest delivery left of El Duque.

It was reported that Cashman offered the Marlins Robinson Cano and Chien-Ming Wang, who were otherwise untouchables. The Marlin response was that it wasn't enough.

Would I throw in Eric Duncan? Hell yes. Melky Cabrera? Pack your bags, son. Tony Womack? Sure!

I would basically do whatever it took to acquire a guy who could anchor the staff for years to come - but can come in when he isn't pressured to be the ace.

Cano and Wang are could be very good players. Duncan as well. But none of them, in my opinion, projects to be as valuable to a franchise as Willis.

See what you can do, Bry.

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 5:06 PM   0 comments







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger