Sunday, February 12, 2006

Who Wants to Bet There Were Girls From Whom He Did Get a "Good Vibe?"

Maybe he had the 'noids..

James Damon was always the responsible one. He doesn't remember the exact date, but it was an autumn afternoon when he came home to find his eighth-grade brother, Johnny - already a baseball prodigy and fully aware of it - stoned out of his mind. Again.

"I just had enough," James says falling back in his chair. "Johnny was a cocky kid and he was like, 'I'm pretty good at baseball. I'm really good, maybe I can't get better.' He was 13, hanging out with 17-year-olds, smoking pot all the time, drinking a lot. And that's when I stepped in and said 'What the hell are you doing with your life?'"

Johnny Damon once turned down a threesome with two adoring female Red Sox fans and, to some, this revelation may indicate that his reputation as a reckless party guy isn't completely accurate. To others, it may be proof that the man who gleefully called himself an "idiot" really is.

To Damon, it means little at all.

Standing in the driveway of his childhood home on a cloudy afternoon last week, the new Yankee center fielder shrugs and says simply, "It was a wild time then, but I didn't get a good vibe from those girls."


My guess is the truth is a well kept secret between Damon and probably someone from here.

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 2:36 PM   0 comments







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger