Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hunter to Make 125% of Minimum Wage

The Twins exercised their 2007 option on Torii Hunter for $12 million dollars.

This is a small raise for Hunter, whose 2006 salary of $10.5 million was only the federal minimum wage.
"The Yankees have a $200 million payroll, and we play for minimum wage," Hunter said in early September.

It's nice to see he's getting a raise and that someone is finally giving some respect to an outfielder with a career OPS+ of 102.

If you've ever seen Hunter's MLB "I Live For This" commercial though, you know already that hitting is not important to this guy.

"I'd rather rob a home run than hit a home run," he proudly exclaims. Hunter might be alarmed to learn that his 164 career home runs are actually a higher total than his on-field thefts.

But certainly when I think of a great value - even if it's slightly above minimum wage - it's $12 million dollars per year for Torii Hunter.

If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to file a complaint here with payroll.

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 2:40 PM   1 comments







1 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the funniest goddamned thing ever, and I'm a Twins fan. Hunter isn't worth that much money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger