Friday, October 06, 2006

More Rodriguez Analysis

But this time from a writer I like who actually makes sense!

A snippet from Alex Belth:
But New York's obsession with hating Rodiriguez says more about Nee Yorkers themselves, and the nature of the tabloid competition here, than it necessarily does about Rodriguez himself. (Just like ovation Torii Hunter got from Twins' fans after mis-playing a ball into an inside-the-park home run said something about Minniesota fans. I know Hunter is different to them than A Rod is to Yankee fans, I'm just saying.) Not that A Rod doesn't contribute to the matter but the resentment that people express says more about what they demand from the highest-paid player: nothing short of being the absolute best in every way. They feel entitled to take the guy down if he doesn't match their expectations.


It's good stuff. Check it out.

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 12:38 PM   4 comments







4 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, that was a great read. Love the site!

 
At 10/07/2006 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it too much to ask for people to proofread the crap they post to their blogs nowadays? Maybe the writer did make a good point, but I read the paragraph once (all the time I'm gonna give it) and couldn't tell -- I was distracted by the mistakes, which were practically every other word.

 
At 10/08/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Karen said...

As someone who is a real-life copy editor, let me just take a moment to defend Alex and other error-making bloggers: when you write something and go to re-read it, your brain will almost automatically read things as correct, especially if you are tired and have spent a long, long time writing a post -- and that post Alex wrote was pretty damn long. That is why at magazines and newspapers, they hire copy editors to read other peoples' works, because human error is a constant.

I make tons of mistakes on my blog, and I don't fix them. It is my way of not having to mix my job with something I love.

 
At 10/08/2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

I was far more concerned with the content than the grammar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger