Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2008 All-Star Game to Close Out Yankee Stadium

Personally, I think this is a great thing. While the All-Star game itself is essentially a popularity contest and a huge waste of time, at least in '08 it will be honoring the last year of the "winningest" facility in the history of professional sports.

I was dead set against a new Stadium for years, and still would prefer a complete remodel (and yes, I'd put up with a couple of seasons playing at Shea again) but it's probably time to move on and accept that all things must change and that the time has come for a new park. If you've been to Safeco, PNC, Petco, or Whatever-Phone-Company-They-Are-Named-After-Now-As-I-Am-Too-Confused-To-Keep-Up Park in San Francisco, you've seen how different of an experience it can be to watch a game in one of the newer "retro" parks. Add in 50,000 crazed Bronx fans, and I think it will be OK.

No better way to send out the old Stadium than with a big party. Oh and I wasn't talking about the All-Star Game this time.

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 11:45 AM   1 comments







1 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger velascomike said...

I agree, if this come true it becomes a must pre-goodbye-party. The real goodbye party will be held on a little series usually played in October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger