Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Kei to Victory

Sports Illustrated ran an interview with Kei Igawa today. Most of the answers are generic and expected, as he avoided saying anything controversial, but some of them were fun, particularly his personal hero, which would surprise most.
SI: Hideki Matsui is nicknamed Godzilla. What's your favorite Japanese film monster?
Igawa: I have none.

SI: Not even Mothra or Rodan?
Igawa: I never watch horror films.

SI: Who's your favorite American ballplayer?
Igawa: I have a tremendous respect for all big leaguers. I do not have a particular favorite.

SI: How about a personal hero?
Igawa: The goalkeeper for Belgium's national soccer team.

SI: And your favorite historic figure?
Igawa: Mitsukuni Tokugawa, a feudal ruler known for his political influence in the early Edo Period.

SI: Tokugawa was a gourmand who claimed to be one of the first Japanese to eat ramen. What's the most exotic food in your fridge?
Igawa: Water.

SI: What has been the greatest embarrassment in your life?
Igawa: I've lost my wallet four times. I got it back every single time.

SI: What do you like most about New York City?
Igawa: The energy. People are filled with pride.

SI: And dislike?
Igawa: No manners in driving. Lots of horns.

SI: What kind of hitters give you the most trouble?
Igawa: Fast-running singles hitters. They make me throw a lot of pitches.

SI: What kind do you most like to face?
Igawa: Free-swinging power hitters.

SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
Igawa: That's secret.

SI: What's the coolest part of your job?
Igawa: Pitching complete games.

SI: And your motto?
Igawa: Quest.

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 3:47 PM   4 comments







4 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger lupe! said...

for some reason i'm hearing this in dwight's voice. except dwight would so have a fave monster.

 
At 1/05/2007 6:47 PM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

That brings a whole new perspective to it...

 
At 1/05/2007 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can hear the Dwight.

"Mitsukuni Tokugawa, a feudal ruler known for his political influence in the early Edo Period."

That reminds me of Dwight's explanation of Diwali.

 
At 1/06/2007 9:48 PM, Blogger lupe! said...

stan pretty much read my mind :D

"false! i do not have a prticular favorite!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger