Friday, November 02, 2007

Alex on Alex

Found this neat little collection over at the Hardball Times.

Whenever he opens his mouth, people cringe. While he has been a model of decorum (save his episode in Toronto) he is viewed as insincere if not outright deceptive:

"I’ve always said to everybody that Seattle is my first choice."

"I wanted to be a Met. I’ve always wanted to be a Met, I’ve been a Met fan since I was a kid. And I would’ve played there for less money and less years and they know that."

"I want to be remembered as a Texas Ranger."

"You're asking me what my sincere feeling is. I want to 100 percent stay in New York. Period. That's it. I don't know how many ways I can say it."

"I want to be here. I want to stay here."

"I want to be in New York. This is the place I want to finish my career. That's it.”

"We had options and we all know that, but I want to be in New York. That's it."

"I've always said it: I love New York, for me, as a player, to come full circle in New York, it's the most comfortable I've felt."

Labels:

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 11:33 AM   3 comments







3 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice he never said a Yankee! Just New York, he may mean the Mets!

 
At 11/03/2007 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the last one to defend A-Rod Inc, but I do think people pulling out these old quotes to call him a fraud is kind of ridiculous.

Have you ever told a girlfriend (or wife!) you loved her, only to be with someone else the next year? When you were dating your ex, did you tell her you'd rather be with someone else? (If so, may I offer a guess at why she's now your ex??)

Of course players say they love where they are! How often do you hear a player with ANY team say he'd rather be with a different team? They all say they love where they are and no one ever trashes them when they leave.

So why bust on this one player? It kind of makes you the whiny ex-girlfriend who says, "But he said he'd always love ME!"

And then you become the stalker ex-girlfriend hiding in the bushes and shooting your ex's new girl. No one wants to be that girl, right?

Maybe it's time to accept the relationship is over, and Wilson Betemit is your new boyfriend... er, third baseman.

 
At 11/06/2007 10:09 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Call me crazy, but I still think that A-Rod will be a Yankee next season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger