Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Over and Dunn

My annual quest for the Yankees to get Adam Dunn appears to be over in 2008 as well. Yes, I know Dunn strikes out a lot. Yes, I know he's not the best defender in the outfield. He's capable at first base though, and would make an ideal DH/1B/occasional OF guy, and strikeouts don't bother me that much when a guy has a career OBP of .380 and SLG of .520.

Cincinatti writers and to some extent the main stream national media tend to throw him under the bus because his batting average can be unimpressive (.247 career). Any regular reader here knows what I think about two of the three "triple crown" stats (yes, I'm OK with home runs).

Anyway, Dunn was traded to the Diamondbacks for a Happy Meal and some used batting gloves yesterday. Unless the 'back claimed Dunn on waivers (which they would have the opportunity to do since they're a National League team) before the Yankees could, I think Cashman missed the boat here. Matsui may or may not come back, but how much better does this look:

CF Damon
SS Jeter
RF Abreu
3B Rodriguez
1B Giambi
LF Nady
DH Dunn
C Rodriguez
2B Cano

Than this, from last night?:
Christian LF
Jeter SS
Abreu RF
Rodriguez 3B
Nady DH
Cano 2B
Sexson 1B
Rodriguez C
Cabrera CF

Oh yeah, and his line for 2008 w/ RISP and 2 outs? A highly impressive .222/.462/.750 1.212.

Labels: , ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 2:16 PM   0 comments







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger