Monday, February 27, 2006

Come And Knock On Our Door


Kenny Williams is angry.

The ill will between A's slugger Frank Thomas and Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams escalated Sunday when the GM called Thomas "an idiot."

"He's an idiot," Williams said in a 6 ½-minute, profanity-laced interview. "He's selfish. That's why we don't miss him. And we've held it in for far too long. And if you go out there and look long and hard enough, you'll find particulars. But I've got something to say directly to him. And I'm holding back as much as I can because, unlike him, I'll say it man-to-man, face-to-face."

"Believe me, it's not easy to deal with an idiot. And this man, over the course of the years, has tried my patience and tried it and tried it, and if he were any kind of a man, would quit talking about things in the paper and return a phone call or come knock on somebody's door. If I had the kind of problems he has evidently with me, I'd go knock on his f*cking door."

Williams contended that he left a message with Thomas on his cell phone after the team acquired first baseman Jim Thome this offseason. he added that Thomas did not express his feelings to Williams when he saw him at a boxing match in Las Vegas.

"We don't miss him, by the way," Williams said. "And if you go out there and ask any one of my players or staff members, we don't miss him. We don't miss the attitude; we don't miss the whining. We don't miss it. Good riddance. See you later."

Williams continued, "He'd better stay out of our business. He'd better stay out of White Sox business. As a matter of fact -- I'll say what I have to say to him direct."

"He's an Oakland A's problem," Williams said. "He needs to be concerned about Oakland. I don't even know why I'm talking about (the) guy. Play two or three games in a row first before you start popping off."

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 2:41 PM   0 comments







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger