Friday, April 20, 2007

New York Highlanders

A-Rod: Sons of New York! I am Alex Rodriguez!
NY Fan: Alex Rodriguez is seven feet tall!
A-Rod: Yes, I've heard! Kills pitches by the hundreds! And if he were here, he'd consume the Red Sox with balls of fire from his eyes...and bolts of lightning from his arse! I AM Alex Rodriguez! And I see a whole army of my teammates, here in defiance of idiocy. You've come to watch as free fans, and free fans you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you cheer?
NY Fan #2: 'Cheer? For that?' 'No, we will boo, and we will set expectations ridiculously high.'
A-Rod: Aye, cheer and you may be disappointed. Boo, and you'll be honored by the media. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that...for one chance...just ONE CHANCE to come back here to tell your children that you cheered the best player of the 21st century?

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 5:29 PM   0 comments







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger