Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hi, I'm Mariano Rivera

"You may remember me as arguably the best relief pitcher of all time. However, I do not come into games when we are tied on the road, because my manager believes it is better to blow the game and hold me back for a 'save' that will never come. Not just in one isolated incident, but every single time. Even in the World Series! And he never learns from his mistakes. Ever. It's not like I'm overworked. I've barely pitched at all this season because I am held back for when the 'save' statistic comes into play. This is yet another reason why my team is losing games - the best players do not play when it matters."

"Also, please try
my restaurant. I won't keep the delicious angus beef in the bullpen when you want it."

Labels: , ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 7:22 PM   3 comments







3 Comments:

At 6/27/2007 3:38 PM, Blogger lupe! said...

who

 
At 6/27/2007 7:03 PM, Blogger June said...

COULD HE HAVE FALLEN OUT OF THE CIRCLE OF TRUST???

WHY DO I ALWAYS SHOUT ON UR BOG?

 
At 6/28/2007 2:28 PM, Blogger June said...

i'm listening to m&md* and torre said that it was bc at that point he'd have had to use mo for at least 2 innings for them to win. i trust that relieves (ha!) all your concerns.

*yes, my ears are bleeding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger