Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Melky Cabrera's Excellent Adventure

You've seen it written in the New York Post, Daily News, and Newsday. You've read about it on ESPN.com. Melky Cabrera has "adventures in the outfield." I was never quite sure what they meant, since he's made three spectaular plays over the past 2 weeks, and always attributed it to the fact that he lost a ball in the wind in horrible conditions in right field when he first was recalled.

Then last night after the Yankees-Red Sox game, on a night Cabrera made ESPN's #1 web gem and the play of the year thus far for the Yankees, Karl Ravetch says before showing the clip on Baseball Tonight that the outfield has "often been an adventure for Cabrera." Following that, on SportsCenter, Scott Van Pelt explained before the highlight that Cabrera has "had his adventures out there."

Hmm. This brought me to replay some older games and just concentrate on Melky. As it turns out - they must be right. The only possible explanation I can posit for these many adventures Cabrera undertakes in the outfield would be something akin to this:



Come to think of it, this also explains why those same sources have all called him "frightened."

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 5:44 PM   7 comments







7 Comments:

At 6/07/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger June said...

OMG, that is so great
is that david lee ROTH in the bottom right?
and cmon, he looked frightened when they were telling him to take the *curtain* call!

 
At 6/07/2006 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, there's a good reason yours is on my very short list of blogs I go to, you're hilarious.

 
At 6/07/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

Psssh. David Lee Roth doesn't take you on adventures.

Unless you consider doing some blow off of a 45 year old groupie's chest an "adventure."

I am very disappointed.

I feel tragic - like I'm Marlon Brando when I look at you.

 
At 6/09/2006 9:02 AM, Blogger lupe! said...

"is that david lee ROTH in the bottom right?"

juneh!

"I MOVE THE STARS FOR NO ONE!"

 
At 6/09/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

Thanks josh. Although you appear to spend more time on Photoshopping than I do.

Then again I am lazy.

 
At 6/09/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

If only there were blogger emoticons, I would post a nice one for lups.

 
At 6/12/2006 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha that it the funniest damn thing i ever saw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger