Thursday, August 30, 2007

Josh Beckett: Moral Arbiter

First, let's remember a couple of famous Josh Beckett quotes:
"I'm kind of about respecting the game, and I'm not the type of guy to not say anything."

"I respect the game, the opponent, the challenge, but I never, ever expect to fail."

Beckett was upset that after a deep drive, Ryan Howard didn't put his head down and bust down the line. It seems Beckett is against showboating, and about humility, humbleness, and respecting the game and the opponents, right? I mean he'd never to anything like this:




Today after Joba Chamberlain was ejected (for no reason) for throwing inside to Kevin Youkilis (for no reason), NESN cameras clearly caught the respectful Beckett yell at a questioning and rightfully confused Chamberlain: "Get out of here, you fucking cunt!"

Respect. Class. The right way. That's Josh Beckett.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 1:15 PM   3 comments







3 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 11:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I only saw the YES feed but I have been searching for the NESN video clip or a picture of Beckett's outburst. I was wondering if you have any thing of that sort, and if you do please share. Thanks!

 
At 8/31/2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Mr. Faded Glory said...

Sorry Brian, I had it on MLB.tv only. Unfortunately if someone did capiture it they tend to upload it to youtube which only lasts about 24 hours before MLB has it removed.

 
At 8/31/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger lupe! said...

here brian

angel hernandez. FIGURES.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger