Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This is Why I'm Proposing on a Hot Air Balloon Over a Mountainous Region

I mean, there's no escaping the uncomfortable shootdown that way.

Of course, this dude had a different idea...

The biggest excitement happened in the stands when a fan failed in his public attempt at popping the question.

With the couple highlighted on the big screen, the mood soured after the man took a knee to offer an engagement ring. Wearing a brick-red replica Astros jersey, the woman appeared to angrily dump a bag of popcorn on the man before rushing up the stairs amid a chorus of boos.

After the top of the sixth, the man left amid cheers from the sympathetic crowd.

"If it was an act, she put on a good one," Garner said. "She looked totally surprised and then totally mad. We couldn't even get a proposal right down here tonight.

"We lead the league in marriage proposals, and we couldn't get that one right tonight."
When I was young I always wanted to marry a girl who would love baseball so much that she'd swoon at a ballgame proposal.

Since I've grown up, I've realized I still want the girl who loves baseball just as much, but also has enough taste to eschew the now tired and cliched ballpark proposal in favor of one more original and more personal and more tailored to the relationship as it has uniquely grown.

However, I'm still down for a ballgame on the honeymoon, possibly.

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Faded Glory @ 4:51 PM   0 comments







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 L   I   N   K   S



P   R   E   V   I   O   U   S
P   O   S   T   S


C   O   N   T   A   C   T  




Subscribe to High and Tight via your favorite RSS reader:
Add to Google

Powered by Blogger